Admission in Top Physiotherapy Colleges in Bangalore
Physiotherapy, usually referred as physio is used to help people affected with injuries or any ailment to recover from it by giving proper physical movements such as exercise, manual remedy, advice and education in order to maintain good health, to manage pain and completely revive from illness.
Physiotherapy plays a vital role in healing and the wellbeing of an individual by using methods such as massage and acupuncture.
The main object of physiotherapy is to restore proper function of the human body.
There are more than 20 different Types of physiotherapy treatments.
Some of them are:
- Soft tissue techniques.
- Muscle relaxation and stretching.
- Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation(PIM).
- Minimal Energy Techniques (METs).
- Joint manipulation.
- Mobilisation of joint.
- Dry needling.
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Sports Physiotherapy.
- Work place Physiotherapy.
- Strength exercises.
- Brace or support.
Why is Physiotherapy Important?
Physiotherapy is indeed important for the following reasons stated below :
- Physical therapy also known as physiotherapy is helpful for people of all ages who have certain medical conditions, injuries, illness that might curb them from physical movement.
- It promotes healing and wellbeing.
- It acts as a foundation for those who tend to have improper physical movements due to injuries, trauma etc.
- After major surgeries performed, the patients are expected to take physiotherapy sessions in order to improve the physical movements.
- It is the most commonly prescribed treatment to aid in the healing of many injuries and medical conditions.
- Sports injuries, chronic pain, car injuries and various challenges in accordance with mobility can be amazingly improved with the proper use of physiotherapy.
- Even neurological disorders can be corrected with the help of physiotherapy.
- Pain management cases can be cured by physiotherapy treatments and can bring back full or may be partial function of physical movements in turn reinforcing proper mobility.
Courses For Physiotherapy Under Graduation
There are courses available for Physiotherapy after the completion of higher secondary degree at several top colleges and universities across the countries.
It is a must to have graduated from higher secondary with subjects-Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics (BPO).
A Prosthetics is defined as an artificial body part created using flexible material that is used to replace a missing body part which could have been lost due to a disease, trauma or condition being present since birth.
This study help a student learn about how to create and deal with the provision as well as the usage of artificial prosthetics and orthotics such as braces and splints.
The course duration is 4 ½ years.
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy (B.PT).
This course is a full time 4 year plus 6 month internship study concentrating on human body anatomy, cytology, surgery condition injuries and various procedure of therapy, pathology, disability and rehabilitation.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT).
Occupational therapy in general terms refers to the recovery and improvement of the physical mobility of the individuals in order to help them incorporate their day to day tasks in the usual course of life.
This study deals in treatment of patients with their physical, mental, emotional and even the neurological challenges by using the different modes of treatments.
The course duration is 4 ½ years.
- B.Sc in Physiotherapy.
This course is all about anatomy, exercise therapy, rehabilitation (community based), Neuro – Physiotherapy, Sports Physiotherapy, Orthopedics.
This is also a 4 ½ year program after which the physiotherapist can practice as a qualified practitioner.
Courses For Physiotherapy After Under Graduation
- Master of Physiotherapy (M.PT).
This is a full time 2 year course which a candidate may apply after completion of his/her under graduation Degree in Physiotherapy.
This master’s degree program in physiotherapy gives a complete insight about the human body, injuries and the various physiotherapy treatments in accordance with the stability of the functioning of human body.
- PhD in physiotherapy.
This course is rather based on the research study done by the candidates over physiotherapy
Why To Take Physiotherapy Courses?
There is a huge scope for physiotherapy across the country as it is an essential need in every health care institution as it helps in the recovery of patients who have disabilities in regard with mobility as a form of illness, trauma or a medical condition since birth.
A candidate may choose physiotherapy as his/her career for the following reasons:
- Physiotherapy is highly demanded.
- There are various specialisations to choose in the field.
- Physiotherapy is chosen to be a wide range of career option in India as well as in abroad.
- A physiotherapist can be a sports coach, a physical trainer, health advisor, a health counsellor at the same time of being a Doctor.
Eligibility for Admission in Physiotherapy
The basic eligibility criteria for the admission in the physiotherapy program are as follows:
- Candidate must be over 17 years of age.
- Candidate must have completed his/her higher secondary (Physics, Chemistry, Biology ).
- Candidate must have completed his/her higher secondary from a recognised board (PUC/CBSE/ICSE/ISC/CVE/STATE BOARDS)
- The candidate must have an aggregate minimum of 50% in his/her higher secondary.
Procedure for Admission in Physiotherapy
The ways to get admission in physiotherapy course in the top colleges across the country are as the follows:
Counselling is a process of allotment of candidates into various top colleges and universities based upon their merit score obtained in their higher secondary.
The Central Government and the corresponding State Governments conduct counselling sessions in various places.
These days online counselling sessions are becoming a thing.
- Entrance exams.
The Government conducts certain entrance exams which are widely accepted by various top colleges and universities.
Some exams conducted to get into the Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy course are:
- Common Entrance Test(CET).
- All India Medical Entrance Examination(AIMEE).
- Direct admission via management quota.
For those candidates who have not written any entrance exam accepted by most colleges or have attended the counselling or even do not have a real good score in their higher secondary can opt for direct admission via the management quota seats reserved at the top colleges across the country.
Documents Required for Admission in Physiotherapy
The basic documents required for physiotherapy are:
- A minimum of 5 passport size photographs of the candidate.
- ID proof of the candidate and their parents.
- Original and photocopy of the 10th mark sheet from a recognized board.
- Original and photocopy of the 12th mark sheet from a recognized board
- The allotment order in case of admission through counselling.