- 1 Admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
- 1.1 About Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
- 1.2 Facilities provided in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
- 1.3 Procedure of Admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
- 1.4 Eligibility criteria for admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
- 1.5 Documents required for the admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
- 1.6 For admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, Bangalore Contact: 08150855000.
Admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School is for boarders and day scholars located in Bangalore, India.
It is an all- boys school which was founded and established in the memory of Bishop George Edward Lynch cotton, Bishop of Calcutta.
This is a private school established in the year 1865 which makes the school almost 150 years old.
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School is affiliated to the Indian certificate of secondary education examination (ICSE) and the Indian school certificate examination (ISC).
The school is located in the heart of Bangalore and spread over 14 acres being available for everybody to access to the school easily.
The bishop cotton boys school has a sister school namely Bishop Cotton Girls’ school.
The past of the school goes back to the British era when the Britishers were overruling India with their dominance.
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School was established in the year 1865 by Rev. S T Pettigrew, then Chaplain Saint Mark’s Cathedral who had a vision of establishing a school for the education of only the children of the European as well as the Anglo Indian families.
In Rev. S T Pettigrew’s words he wanted to create a day and boarding school for the children of the Christian residence in the station and its vicinity.
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School boys named in the owner of George Cotton, who was then the Bishop of Calcutta under whose stewardship the scheme of education was properly organised for the the Anglican churches in India.
Once after India got independence from the British rule in 1947, school began to be and is still governed by the Church of South India.
The first five years after the establishment of the school it had three different principals’.
A distinguished Tamil scholar, George Uglow Pope (who translated the very famed Thirukural into English) the one who acquired the present site of the school for Rs 47,500.
Typically, the Boys school and the Girls school functioned in the same campus but had under completely different heads.
It was because of the school being under the stewardship of the Pope the school gained strength to strength.
A collegiate section was begun and the school obtained recognition university of Madras.
He had given the school its Motto being – Nec Dextrorsum Nec Sinistrorsum, which means’ neither to the right not to the left’.
After the Pope left India in the year 1892 to particularly take up the post of reader at Oxford University, the very high standards of the school began to decline at a steady rate.
By the time of the year 1906, the closure of the Bishop Boys Cotton School was contemplated.
After this Henry Whitehead, Bishop of Madras, also the chairman of the board of Governors, because the school was about to be closed as a last resort had invited the members of the Saint Peter’s brotherhood to save the school from the closure.
Herbert Pakenham- Walsh, of the brotherhood of Saint Peter, letter to become bishop had revived the school.
The school has still been celebrating Saint Peter’s day amongst every other tradition such as Guy Fawke’s bonfires.
The final living member of the brotherhood of Saint Peter in India, father David had died of old age. He worked and lift in the Bishop Boys’ Cotton School as the school Chaplain.
About Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, Bangalore has been standing tall since the past 150 years.
The school focuses on fulfilling the key and basic principles on which the concept of education began,
- All round development of students
- The molding of the character of students so as to make sure that it will not crumble when it is tested in the crushable period of adulthood.
The school is considered as to be one of India’s finest schools by many discerning people.
The School believes in the fact that an educational institution is essential and an individual is shaped for all the time in his childhood to make a better tomorrow for him when he reaches adulthood. It believes in the concept of educational institution being a place where students learn how to work together as a team and to be a very good functional part of the society.
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School has won the advocate of the Eton of the East and still standing as Bangalore one of the Finest and Leading school and has been one of India’s three top ranked school and number one school among all the Metro schools in India. The school is working hard and boasts itself for inculcating essential values and quality education for the children while preparing them crucially for the competitive world present outside the classroom through its meticulously envisioned house system.
Facilities provided in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School being still one of the finest schools in India has provided the children with the following facilities:
- World class infrastructure.
- Greek amphitheatre.
- Various clubs and societies.
- Medical facilities.
- Various indoor and outdoor games.
- Library enriched with a lot of informative magazines books and journals.
- The Ainley Center of learning.
- Multimedia room.
- Elphick research centre.
- Kitchen cum dining facility for the boarders.
- Quality staff.
- Imbibing principles.
- Labs: computer science, chemistry, physics.
Procedure of Admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
The procedure of admission into The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School are as follows:
- Those who are interested in enrolling their wards into the Bishop Cotton Boys’ School has to submit an online application form as available in the official website of the school.
- The filled in application form will have to be submitted in the administration of the school early as the school receives a lot of admission forms.
- If the parents have submitted the applications of their ward before the last due specified date as mentioned by the school, then the details of the admission process will be intimated to the parents via call or email.
- For the admission in the school, the rules and regulations will be only determined by the management of the school which is expected to be followed accordingly.
- At the time of intimidation, the school might demand certain documents necessary for the admission of the ward.
Eligibility criteria for admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
In order to pass the basic eligibility criteria as put down by the school the children should be minimum 3 years and 10 months of age and maximum of 4 years and 10 months as on 1st June of every year of admission in the case of admission into LKG.
Documents required for the admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School
Documents needed at the time of admission of the ward are as follows:
- Original and photocopy of the birth
- Filled in application form.
- Original and photocopy of the community certificate.
- The translated document of the community certificate is it is in regional language.
- Three or more recent passport size photographs of the ward
- Proof of residence of address.
- ID proof card of the parents.
- Aadhar Card of the Ward