- 1 Admission in Bishop Cotton Girls’ School Bangalore
- 1.1 About the Bishop Cotton Girl’s School Bangalore
- 1.2 About the school shield
- 1.3 Documents required for the admission in Bishop Cotton Girl’s School Bangalore
- 1.4 Contact Admission Karo : Best Admission Consultants in Bangalore , for Admission in Bishop Cotton Girls’ School Bangalore, Contact: 08150855000.
Admission in Bishop Cotton Girls’ School Bangalore
The Bishop Cotton Girls’ School or BCGS is an all- girls school for boarders and day scholars in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
It is the private school which was established in the year 1865 along with the Bishop Cottons Boys’ school which is also in Bangalore.
The school provides a curriculum based on the ICSE format of education and has the teaching facilities from kindergarten, 1 to 10 (ICSE) and 11 and 12 (ISC).
The Bishop Cotton Girls’ School was founded in the year 1865 is considered to be one of the oldest established boarding schools in Asia.
The School was named after Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton, who was the son of an Army Captain who had died leading his regiment in the battle.
He was a scholar of Westminster school and also a graduate of Cambridge.
In the year 1836 Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton was appointed as the assistant master at rugby by Doctor Thomas Arnold who is one of the founders of the British Public School System.
It was as per the proposal of Bishop Cotton to establish schools in India that eventually resulted in the establishment of the Bishop Cotton’s Schools on the 19th of April 1865.
This institution was established and opened for both boys and girls in a bungalow named as the westward ho in high grounds.
In the year 1871 the management of the school had acquired 14 acres of land on Saint Mark’s Road and had shifted the school dividing it into equal acres of land, which is one for the boys school and the other for the girls by creating a wall with which would separate the two.
In the year 1911, the management of the school had a quite a huge space and its surrounding eight and half acres by giving access to both the Residency Road and Saint Mark’s road and had shifted the school giving Bishop Cotton Girls’ school its own particular identity to the world at large.
In the year 1915 all the money was sanctioned to the construction of the administration block and the quad.
A lot more buildings were constructed in the 1950 and 1960 including the chapel of the Holy Family.
CA(ACCA) Joseph was the first Indian principal to check take charge of the school in the year 1963.
The Bishop Cotton Girls’ School is affiliated with the bishop cotton boys school which is situated across the street on the Saint marks road Bangalore Karnataka India.
The Bishop Cotton Boys’ School is affiliated to the Indian certificate of secondary education examination (ICSE) and the Indian school certificate examination (ISC).
The school has a motto of “Nec Dextrorsum-Nec Sinistrorsum. Which reflects the spirit of the school “neither to the right nor to the left”.
This has been taken from a Latin translation phrase in the Old Testament of the Bible.
The new leader Joshua has been commissioned by God to be a true follower of his law “neither to the left nor to the right”.
About the Bishop Cotton Girl’s School Bangalore
The current principal of the school is Mrs Lavanya Mitran.
The chairman and moderator of the school is RT. Rev. Prasanna Kumar Samuel, Karnataka Southern Diocese.
The school has staff members of 150 approximately.
The Bishop Cotton Girls’ School is affiliated to the Indian certificate of secondary education examination (ICSE) and the Indian school certificate examination (ISC)
Over the last few years Bishop Cotton Girls’ School has increased its facilities by renovating the building and adding new spacious classrooms for the accommodation of more children as new pupils walk into the gates of the school every year and the school also has a multimedia hall with the facility of the library.
The school is aiming at excellent facilities for learning and leisure and offering spacious classrooms as the students require a large work space to move freely.
For the little children the school has beautifully designed playpen with all its play equipment which would definitely help the children to develop the larger and smaller muscles.
The school takes pride of having two large halls one which is used for Multi Purpose activity like the morning assembly, singing, music class and the other one is the multimedia hall.
About the school shield
The crest of the shield is the family crest of Bishop Cotton of Calcutta.
The crest is divided vertically the right side (Dexter) the arms of the bishop of Calcutta.
The Bishop’s Mitre on the top of the shield is green on a white background and the staff and open Bible in the bottom half on the red background.
The left side (sinister) has three skeins of cotton and of chevron (inverted V) on a blue background.
This basically represents the ancient house to which bishop cotton belongede.
The crest does symbolizes the godliness and service and courage for which the bishop cotton girls school stands for.
The school conducts various organized games which includes the inter school game competitions
- Cottonian Sheild- basketball
- Cottonian Sheild-hockey
Facilities provided by Bishop Cotton Girl’s School Bangalore
Various facilities offered by the Bishop Cotton Girls’ School Bangalore are as follows:
- Computer education
- Resource centre
- Transport facilities
- Smart class facilities
- Well equipped infrastructure
- Lecture hall
Procedure of admission in Bishop Cotton Girl’s School Bangalore
The procedure for admission in the Bishop Cotton Girls’ School Bangalore, Karnataka, India are as follows:
- The school has put up an age criteria for nursery (LKG) is 4 years as on 1st June of the year of admission into the school
- School has put up an age criteria for preparatory (UKG)- standard V is as applicable for the class.
From the classes 6 to 8 the age is as it is applicable for the class.
- Entrance test for Mathematics and English will be conducted at the time of admission and the selection would be based upon the best performance in the exams and also applicable on the number of vacancies available right now in the particular standard as applied by the parent.
Documents required for the admission in Bishop Cotton Girl’s School Bangalore
Documents needed at the time of admission of the ward are as follows:
- Original and photocopy of the Birth Certificate.
- Filled in application form.
- Original and photocopy of the community certificate.
- The translated document of the community certificate is it is in regional language.
- Three or more recent passport size photographs of the ward
- Proof of evidence of address.
- ID proof of the parents.
Contact Admission Karo : Best Admission Consultants in Bangalore , for Admission in Bishop Cotton Girls’ School Bangalore, Contact: 08150855000.
Also Read :
- Admission in Vidyasagar School Bangalore
- Admission in Vidyashilp Academy Bangalore
- Admission in DPS Bangalore
- Admission in Bishop Cotton Boys’ School Bangalore
- Admission in National Pubic School Bangalore