- 1 Admission in Allied Science Courses in Bangalore
- 2 Importance of allied sciences courses
- 3 Courses for allied sciences
- 3.1 Undergraduate courses in allied science
- 3.2 Post graduate courses in allied science
- 3.3 The professional areas for allied health sciences.
- 3.4 Procedure for admission in allied health sciences course.
- 3.5 1. Admission in allied science colleges in Bangalore Through management quota
- 3.6 2. Admission in allied science colleges in Bangalore Through Through counselling:
- 3.7 Documents required for admission in Admission in allied science colleges in Bangalore
Admission in Allied Science Courses in Bangalore
The allied science is a kind of a medical discipline. A candidate after the completion of allied sciences or after having a masters in the allied sciences is either a medical laboratory scientist or a radiologist.
The principal areas of practices in the allied sciences are as follows:
Along with all of this the technical expertise is taught on how to operate the various medical technologies related to it.
The allied health and science professionals includes the individuals who are involved in the delivery of good health or maybe related services with having an expertise in the preventive, diagnostic curative, therapeutic and or rehabilitative interventions.
The allied health professionals work in interdisciplinary health teams which includes physicians, public health officials and nurses to promote, treat or to manage the patient’s environmental health, emotional health and the entire holistic well being.
In the month of December 2018, the Union cabinet has approved a bill in order to establish a central council to regulate the allied health sciences sector in the country after knowing its importance.
Importance of allied sciences courses
- An Allied health professional is defined and interpreted differently across the globe as they have a critical role and are considered as the support pillars in the healthcare team in the medical industry.
- Healthcare industry and system in the country has not been able to meet the health requirements of the population in the country because of a lot of related factors, one of the major prominent factor being that of acute shortage of the skilled manpower in the healthcare industries.
- The allied health professional are very important as they work in the interdisciplinary health team to make the healthcare system function properly by providing a wide range of technical, diagnostic, therapeutic also direct patient care and other support services that are very crucial to the other healthcare professionals, they work especially to provide holistic healthcare to the patients they serve.
- The allied health professionals work by using their expertise to prevent various disease transmission, diagnose, treat , heal and rehabilitate the patients of all the ages and all specialties.
- Altogether a team of allied health professionals work together and deliver treatment, rehabilitation service, patient care, health improvement interventions, direct patient care in order to restore and also to maintain the optimal, physical, sensory, psychological cognitive and the social functions of every patient.
- The role of an allied health professional is crucial as they have to provide optimal care along with high patient satisfaction by performing a role of technologists , scientists ,therapist ,managers ,administrators and sometimes assistants with having expertise in cardiology, radiology and surgery.
- The industry of allied healthcare professionals is growing day by day as there is a high demand of these professionals, allied health is an incredible choice in order to serve the patients, doctors and nurses in providing diagnosis, quality of life and most importantly recovery.
Courses for allied sciences
The following are the list of courses that can be taken in the allied sciences genre.
Undergraduate courses in allied science
- BSc in medical laboratory science.
- BSc in radiology sciences.
- BSc in respiratory care therapy.
- BSc in anesthesia technology.
- BSc in optometry.
- Bachelors in hospital administration.
- BSc in prosthetics and orthotics.
- BSc in imaging technology.
- BSc in cardiac care technology.
- BSc in operation theatre technology.
- BSc in radiotherapy technology.
- BSc in medical laboratory technology.
- BSc in echocardiography.
- BSc in perfusion technology.
- Bachelors in physiotherapy.
- BSc neuroscience technology.
Post graduate courses in allied science
- MSc in clinical research.
- MSc in clinical psychology.
- MSc in psychosocial rehabilitation and counseling.
- Master in public health.
- MSc in radiation physics.
The professional areas for allied health sciences.
These are the following professions or the professional areas which may represent the allied health care sciences but it depends on each country and also their local healthcare system.
- Athletic trainer.
- Anesthesiologist assistant.
- Anesthesia technician.
- Art therapist.
- Art psychotherapist.
- Cardiovascular technologist.
- Clinical laboratory scientist.
- Clinical neurophysiology.
- Clinical officer.
- Communicative disorders assistant.
- Dental hygienist.
- Clinical dental technician.
- Electrocardiogram technician.
- Exercise physiologist.
- Emergency medical technician.
- Environmental health officer.
- Lactation consultant.
- Massage therapist.
- Social workers.
- Surgical technologist.
- Speech and language pathologist.
- Rehabilitation counselor.
- Physician assistant.
Procedure for admission in allied health sciences course.
There are two different ways through which a candidate can get admission for the allied health courses.
1. Admission in allied science colleges in Bangalore Through management quota
Every college/university as a default stores certain number of seats in the name of management quota for the candidates who are willing to apply through direct admission.
A certain percentage of seats are secured for the candidates who are willing to pay fees which is double or maybe triple the times of the fees collected through normal channels and it may also include a sum of donation as requested by the college or university management.
2. Admission in allied science colleges in Bangalore Through Through counselling:
The central government and the corresponding state governments conduct counselling sessions for the candidates who have completed their higher secondary in order to be placed in appropriate colleges/ universities according to their marks obtained.
Once after the candidate gets placed in a college or university, the counselling sessions authorities provide him/her with an allotment order.
The candidate is expected to carry the allotment letter along with him at the time of admission in the college.
Documents required for admission in Admission in allied science colleges in Bangalore
The following documents must be carried by the candidate at the time of admission.
- Original and photocopy of the birth certificate.
- Original and photocopy of the secondary school or equivalent examination certificate (PUC, CBSE, ICSE, state boards etc.)
- Original mark sheet after under graduation as issued by the board/university.
- The migration certificate which is applicable for the students outside of Karnataka.
- the transfer certificate original and photocopy from the school or the last college attended (in case of admission into post graduation)
- 10 passport size recent photographs of the candidate.
- Five stamp size recent photographs of the candidate.
- The original and photocopy of mark sheet of the degree courses.
- The provisional certificate or the degree certificate.
- The filled in application form as collected from the college or downloaded through the official website.